On Wed, 2018-04-04 at 14:49 -0700,  Brian C. Lane  wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 05:16:21PM -0400, James Mason wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > While we welcome your individual support of LinuxFest Northwest at
> > any time, *TOMORROW* is the last day to make an Individual
> > Sponsorship and be guaranteed a t-shirt at the fest!
> >
> > https://lfnw.org/conferences/lfnw18/register
>
> Another new login and registration system? The last few years have
> been
> nice, carrying over my info.

The old site had become quite a maintenance burden, sorry.

>  Some feedback on the new one (yeah, I'm
> complaining, sorry):
>
> 1. Don't default to 'public email' whatever that means.

It means "your email address may be public".

> 2. Really ought to have carried over the previous logins.

We considered this, but there's really no way to carry over the
passwords, when using a proper salt+hash algorithm... which meant we
could carry over your login, but you'd get a suprise email thanking you
for signing up and asking you to confirm... We thought that was creepy
and best left undone.

> 3. So if I want to register my kids I now have to have them make
> their
>    own accounts? It was *really* nice to be able to register them at
> the
>    same time as myself.

Good feedback. I'll file a feature request upstream.

> But hey, thanks for doing the work!

- --
James Mason <jma...@suse.com>
SUSE