Thank you very Mr. Thielemann. I got everything working under linux, ghc links to distorm and the library compiles and works. After a little investigation I found out that, under windows, distorm is compiled using MSVC and I had used MSVC to compile the test C program I had written to make sure I could link to distorm before I started messing with ghc and FFI. The catch is that if I try to compile the test C program with gcc under windows it fails :-(. So I guess in the end this want really a ghc issue and it's more of a microsoft awesomeness issue, and made worse by distorm's support for mingw being broken.

Thanks for the Cabal link, I'm gonna write a Cabal package for this sooner or later.

The reason for using distorm is because we need to replace the disassembler pack with something more versatile.

Nabil Alsharif.