> So, what, nobody's got anything to say about this series?  I know
> *I've* been enjoying it.

*bows* Thank you. I appreciate that vote of confidence from a fellow Moon
author. :)

(To be honest, I think this chapter in particular kind of scared some people
off...)

> (Lurker, you say this is a reworking of a story from a few years
> back.  I must have missed it then; don't know why.  I know I'm glad
> to have seen it this time around.)

Heh, doumo. Yeah...back in October of 2003, when I was first watching PGSM,
and had been dabbling in some of the other assorted fansub fare of the time,
I came up with this, and wrote 1.8 chapters of it. Back then, the title was
"Tsuki to Chikyuu to Ai no Senshi", a play on the absurd title of the
magical yurifest "Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito" (which, ironically, I
only ever bothered watching one episode of...)

So last week, after the latest chapter of 4200 hit, and after I'd already
been thinking Sailormoon again for a few days, an idea hit me while I was
getting ready for a doctor visit, and that very evening, I dusted off
TtCtAnS, retitled it, and got back to work on it.

And the ideas...oh god the ideas for this, they will not stop coming...I
haven't felt this wonderfully creative in ages. *_*

> > A block from the house, the plain, unassuming Japanese features of the
> > policeman blurred and shifted, becoming those of a white-haired
> > gaijin.
> > Timothy snorted. "That was easy. Foolish woman. Entirely too
> > Japanese for
> > her own good."
>
> I have been quite enjoying this incarnation of Artemis.  A refreshing
> change. :)

*bows* Thank you. And you'd be amazed how many people didn't "get it" with
regards to who Timothy is. And not to spoil any surprises, but he IS a
complete BASTARD in this. ;D

> > amount of water, could wash away the memory of the rough hands on
> > her body,
> > the humiliation and shame of the violation she had suffered...
>
> You're repeating yourself with the "no amount of..." phrase.

Yeah, I know...I kind of got a little carried away with all that. There's a
lot in this chapter that I need to re-evaluate and maybe tone down, but I
have yet to decide just how much of what will be changed. I think, though, I
was trying to...

*frowns* What WAS I trying to do? I'm thinking pad out the chapter. @_@
Yyyyeah. A little too much emo-Ami, even considering.

> > liquid nitrogen--where had she heard of that?
> >
> > "He was frozen solid. Chemically. And then..." Umino gestured with his
> > hands. "Shattered."
>
> This is a cliche that bothers me.  Why do people always get shown
> shattering after they get frozen solid?  I really, really doubt that
> it would actually happen.  If you drop a chunk of frozen meat on the
> floor, it doesn't shatter, does it?

It depends on HOW it's frozen. Anything frozen using liquid nitrogen or a
similar agent is going to become incredibly brittle and unable to withstand
a blow of force.

Putting that aside, we're not talking about regular old freezing. We're
talking about a violent magical assault.

Besides, I needed Ami to go all Sub-Zero on Mr. Bastard Rapist for a reason.

> > crimson eyes on the shocked girl. "This Mercury Item is your
> > birthright,"
> > she said. "Place this on your wrist. It will allow you to become a
> > Senshi."
>
> Mercury ... *Item*?  I'm sorry, but that's a really ... flat name.

Somehow, "Mercury Sparkling Bangle" didn't exactly feel right, you know? :)

> Anyway.  Beyond these minor points -- as I said, I'm enjoying this a
> lot.  Hope you continue this one.

Thanks for the comments!