--One among you--

This isn't how I expected it to be.

--What do you expect to do--

My body...I can barely move it. It hurts...

--will shortly perish--

The words spoken by the dour child echo in the infinite, the shape of the
small mouth forming that portent of death looming like a spectre,

--The black wind howls--

superimposed over the nightmarish being that fills my vision.

--with that battered body of yours?--

This is really the end. My body hurts. The pain...it's like Hell itself
poured every molecule of its existence into me.

--The black wind howls--

Perhaps it did.

--One among you--

But I'm not ready yet. It's not time.

--What do you expect to do--

I have things to take care of first. I have to finish this. I have to

--will shortly perish--

save the world. Save my friends.

--with that battered body of yours?--

Marle...Lucca...everyone...

--Crono...--

I'm sorry. I thought I could save the world...but I couldn't even save my
precious friends.

--One among you--

No. I refuse to allow you to die here.

--What do you expect to do--

There's not much strength left in me. I can barely hold my sword.

--Crono!!--

And this power...it's so far beyond anything I imagined...

--The black wind howls--

I can't stop. I can't let it end this way.

--will shortly perish--

If I can just buy time...just one more minute...

--with that battered body of yours?--

Everyone...please escape this place. Please...find somewhere in time, live
out your lives in peace...

--One among you--

Don't die. Please. For me.

--The black wind howls--

Magus...I understand you now. I know what you were trying to do.

--What do you expect to do--

All that power...it was for this, wasn't it? But even you...

--will shortly perish--

There's nothing any of us can do, is there?

--with that battered body of yours?--

The future...it isn't going to change.

--The black wind howls--

Everyone...

--Crono...!--

I'm sorry...

--Crono!!--

I couldn't save you.

--CRONO!!--

It hurts...

||Chrono Trigger copyright Square Enix. Used without permission.||

================================
"Sheik Protein? He's a mean ol' ass, Cid."
              ~~*~~
The Eternal Lost Lurker
www.lurkerdrome.com

---
         .-------Anime/Manga Fanfiction Mailing List--------.
         |   Administrators - [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
         |   Unsubscribing - [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
         |         Put 'unsubscribe' in the subject         |