A comment was made--I cannot remember if it was here on the list, or
privately--which I meant to address, but I misplaced (read: deleted) the
e-mail in question before I remembered to reply, so I'm just going to
address this one issue here on the list:

The question was posted to me (heavily paraphrased):

If Cephiro is so technologically backwards that the people wouldn't know a
gun from a gopher, why bother having the assassin transmute a gun and not
something easier to use, like a knife?

The answer to that, beyond the fact that the gun thing made for a more
dramatic scene (:P), is simple:

It would be the height of stupidity to assume that anyone would be able to
approach the Pillar unguarded. Someone is ALWAYS in that room with her, and
it's usually Zagato.

Therefore, an assassin intent upon killing Emeraude would need to be able to
do so in a way that the natives of Cephiro are largely if not totally
unfamiliar with, so that they would be able to carry out their mission
before whoever is protecting her is aware something is amiss.

Hence, the gun. Nobody on Cephiro has seen one (not THAT kind, anyway), and
they wouldn't realize until it was too late that someone was pointing a
deadly weapon at the Pillar.

And there's your answer.

================================
"Sheik Protein? He's a mean ol' ass, Cid."
              ~~*~~
The Eternal Lost Lurker
www.lurkerdrome.com

---
         .-------Anime/Manga Fanfiction Mailing List--------.
         |   Administrators - [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
         |   Unsubscribing - [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
         |         Put 'unsubscribe' in the subject         |