On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michae...@gmx.at> wrote:
> i did not mean to suggest to leave libopenjpeg broken.

It is not technically broken, it just relies on guessing in some cases
which might not always be correct. It think there should be a warning
that this is happening and a way to override it.

I had made a patch that allows to set pix_fmt via codec options. But I
found out that the codec gets called two times, first without options
to detect format and then with options to perform decoding. That means
that the pixel format changes after the decoding starts. Although it
works I do not find it very elegant.

Anyway, I will try to implement pixel format detection in MXF decoder
and that should solve the issue for my use case.

> Just that in every case our native decoders replaced external wrapers.
> If this happens with libopenjpeg too, all work on the wraper will be
> in vain as it will not be used anymore after some point.
> so i was imlpicitly thinking a bit ahead like " waht will be there
> in the long term, lets concentrate work on that rather than the
> short term"
> but by all means if you like improvig the libopenjpeg wraper, do so

I thought this would be a quick fix, but the reality turned out to be
a bit more complicated. :)