Anton Khirnov (12020-05-20):
> > You said it: "from the user". The user chose it. The documentation says
> > "this demuxer user OpenGL, don't use it if applications are not ready
> > for it", the user chose to use it.
>
> That means we are now forcing all the application to be aware that
> certain demuxers are "special" in certain ways. That is a recipe for
> bugs. I do not think we should have any special demuxers or muxers.

Absolutely not. Please read more carefully what I wrote. There is no
need to have anything special in the application. The only need is to
trust the user to read the documentation.

> Feel free to point out where I am behaving like that. I make explicit
> effort to separate my opinions from objective truths.

I will. Yours take a different form: condescension, treating me as if I
was a kid.

> In any case, "other people do it too" is not much of a counter-argument
> here.

But "you do it too" is.

--
  Nicolas George