On 5/25/2020 10:31 AM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Quoting James Almer (2020-05-25 15:21:12)
>> On 5/25/2020 10:12 AM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
>>> -/**
>>> - * Iterate over all registered codecs.
>>> - *
>>> - * @param opaque a pointer where libavcodec will store the iteration
>>> state. Must
>>> - *               point to NULL to start the iteration.
>>> - *
>>> - * @return the next registered codec or NULL when the iteration is
>>> - *         finished
>>> - */
>>> -const AVCodec *av_codec_iterate(void **opaque);
>>> -
>>>  #if FF_API_NEXT
>>
>> Why are you not moving the deprecated functions as well? They are
>> AVCodec related and should remain with the rest until they are
>> effectively removed.
>
> Why?
> Seems better to me to make the new headers "clean", since new users
> should only use the non-deprecated API. No need to distract them with
> obsolete cruft.

Ok, that's reasonable. But why did you move the AVPacket ones, then? If
anything, those should be hidden since they are the most confusing, like
av_packet_free() and av_free_packet() in the same header, or pretty much
broken and potentially dangerous, like av_dup_packet().

Also I see you didn't move the bsf ones, which i agree 100% with since
we definitely want people to stop using those.

LGTM then.