On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 22:57:50 -0500, rcombs wrote:
> +#else
> +            av_log(h, AV_LOG_WARNING, "ffmpeg was built against an old
> version of OpenSSL\n"
> +                                      "which doesn't provide peer name
> verification, so this connection\n"
> +                                      "will be made insecurely. To make this
> connection securely,\n"
> +                                      "upgrade to a newer OpenSSL version,
> or use GNUTLS instead.\n");

Aren't there also other options than just GnuTLS? From a quick check,
it looks like most of ffmpeg's TLS implementations support
verification, but I don't know the internals. (Perhaps the same
misconception as with openssl.)

Furthermore, is that the official spelling/capitalization of GnuTLS?

Cheers,
Moritz