++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
> >  1 file changed, 83 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
>
> Looks fine as far as I can tell. My only nitpick is that it might be
> better to call "timecode rate" EditRate or "edit rate" instead, since
> that is MXF parlance. Perhaps a bit bikeshed-y though. Does anyone else
> have any preference?

I was going to originally go with audio_edit_rate, I think its in line with
the mxf terminology too. So I'll submit a new patch changing it.

> An aside: would it ever make sense to use EditRate different from fps,
> to force a certain rate? Something tells me there's a video filter or
> something to do that already, so perhaps not an issue.
>
> /Tomas

It might, but I'm not sure, I think avid mxf might use 30fps timecode on
24fps footage if using pulldown or vice versa. I'll take a look. In which
case, even this audio case, maybe the edit_rate of the timecode should be
export as metadata so a decoding application could know what it is?