On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 05:54:49PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:
>
> > was this the intent of the creator of the sample file we have ?
> > i mean that the frames display more then 10 minutes
>
> There is no indication that anything else was intended.
> To the best of my knowledge, the file is not invalid
> (and there is no bug except that our mov muxer has
> deficiencies which are unrelated to gif).

if the goal is to transcode this file while maintaining the huge frame
delay then "-vsync vfr" could be used

otoh if you really want to limit the max delay the patch sure is ok
i thought the file was not supposed to have such huge delays

[...]

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.