On Wed, 28 Jul 2021, Nicolas George wrote:

Marton Balint (12021-07-27):
+static inline int ff_between(unsigned min, unsigned max, unsigned val)
+{
+    return val - min <= max - min;
+}
This seems a bit too general. What if somebody needs int and not unsigned? I

Any type smaller than unsigned will be promoted to unsigned, which is
exactly what needs to happen. It will not work for larger types, and I
think it is ok; the C standard does the same: abs() does not work for
int64_t.

just think it is better to not make this ff_*.

We cannot hide a static inline function. If you really insist, I can
make it a macro and #undef it later, but <PUKE EMOJI>.

No, fine as is, can be changed later if needed.

av_isdigit(c)

+        return c - '0';

c = av_toupper(c);

That would require including avstring.h from internal.h. I do not think
these simple functions are worth it.

Then maybe add the function to avstring.h? c &= ~('a' - 'A') is anything but readable, at least add a comment if you don't like avstring.h.

Thanks,
Marton