Hi!

GSoC 2022 just started the org application phase. As usual, we'll send an
application and need to gather project ideas for GSoC 2022.
There is the 2022 GSoC page in our wiki now [1], please add your project idea
before the application deadline there or send it to the ML for discussion.

Application deadline is Feb. 21st. See the detailed timeline [2].

Furthermore, the project conditions as well as eligibility for contributors changed
(again) this year. GSoC is not only for students anymore and project scope &
schedule can be more freely choosen. See [3] for details!

Thanks,
Thilo

[1] https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/GSoC/2022
[2] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline