Camille Oudot (12023-01-04):
> So does it still makes sense to have a patch to pass through a RTP
> "reuseaddr" option to the underlying UDP URL "reuse" option?

Yes, totally. But let us make it the right way: not just add this option
and forward code, but correctly set up the objects so that all options
are forwarded as necessary.

See libavfilter/framesync.h for an example of code that does this.

> Documenting the good use cases of course (although I'd start using it
> for the wrong use case ;-)). If yes I'll resubmit the patch.

Having several instances of ffmpeg / ffplay / whatever receive the same
stream seems like a valid use case.

> I'm still planning to have a look on a proper (e.g using only one
> shared socket) implementation of rtcp-mux (easy one, I already have a
> PoC working) and RTP Bundle (tougher one).

Please. I suspect cheating with SO_REUSEADDR would not have been more
straightforward anyway: the demuxer for each individual stream would
have received the packets for all streams and would have to be taught to
distinguish.

  Nicolas George