On 18/01/2023 11:12, Tomas Härdin wrote:
mån 2023-01-16 klockan 15:17 +0100 skrev Jerome Martinez:
[...]
think it may be relevant to keep the exact same code for the exact
same
purpose.
Would be no more relevant if version and micro_version can be taken
from
FFV1Context.
Perhaps we can have the ffv1 code in lavc expose a function for this? I
don't really like that we have this kind of parsing inside the muxers.
This goes for MPEG-2 and H.264 as well.

I don't like that too but it is beyond my skills, and as this patch does not do worse that what is already implemented, with a very small overhead (less that the MPEG-2 and H.264 parts which were accepted to be merged as is), I suggest that this is not a blocker here and this part of the code could be trashed when lavc is able to expose the codec context (if it is not yet able to do so).