On Fri, 3 Feb 2023, Gyan Doshi wrote:

On 2023-02-03 04:17 am, Marton Balint wrote:

 On Thu, 2 Feb 2023, Gyan Doshi wrote:

 Prior to 2d924b3a630, ffmpeg.c would exit if any packet write failed.
 tee's
 write_packet seemingly relied on that to enforce its abort failure
 policy.
 From 2d924b3a630, ffmpeg only closes that OutputStream and keeps on
 sending packets of other streams.

 Hmm, are you sure? I glanced at the code and it seems to me that any
 failure of av_interleaved_write_frame() will cause the muxing thread to
 exit. So I don't quite see how other streams can receive packets.

Steps to reproduce:

1) ffmpeg -readrate 1 -stream_loop -1 -i INPUT -map 0:v -map 0:a -c copy -f tee "[f=flv:onfail=abort]rtmp://url/playpath|[f=null:onfail=ignore]stub"

2) Kill the rtmp endpoint at the server side. The tee muxer logs that it's aborting, however, ffmpeg keeps running. Contrast with 5.1 or earlier, which exit.

av_iwf returns EOF which just results in a call to tq_receive_finish() for that ost without breaking muxer_thread's loop.

Any av_interleaved_write_frame() negative return value is an error, ffmpeg should abort. It seems that there is a clash of error codes in sync_queue_process which returns AVERROR_EOF to signal sq_send EOF return, but that clashes with the AVERROR_EOF of av_interleaved_write_frame(), so the error condition is lost.

Regards,
Marton