On 2/18/2023 9:49 AM, Lynne wrote:
Feb 17, 2023, 19:45 by d...@lynne.ee:

Feb 17, 2023, 18:08 by jamr...@gmail.com:

On 2/17/2023 1:54 PM, Lynne wrote:

This reverts commit 26cb36f35746fe6ef53688b119852bfa6d555f62.

All filters and all codecs (except wmavoice) have been ported for the
lavu/tx API.

The noise should be minimal.

It isn't. I'm getting more than two thousand lines of warnings after applying
this patch from

libavfilter/vf_spp.c
libavfilter/x86/vf_spp.c
libavcodec/asvenc.c
libavcodec/avdct.c
libavcodec/avfft.c
libavcodec/dct.c
libavcodec/fdctdsp.c
libavcodec/fft_float.c
libavcodec/fft_init_table.c
libavcodec/idctdsp.c
libavcodec/jfdctfst.c
libavcodec/jfdctint.c
libavcodec/jrevdct.c
libavcodec/mpegaudiodsp.c
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c
libavcodec/rdft.c
libavcodec/wmavoice.c
libavcodec/x86/dct_init.c
libavcodec/x86/fft_init.c
libavcodec/x86/mpegvideoenc.c

It's not just wmavoice, there's also mpeg and jpeg stuff, and one filter. For
the actual fft/dct/rdft/mdct source files, you should use the deprecation
warning pragmas to silence them, but the other modules need to be ported.
This patch is also missing the schedule FF_API deprecation wrapper.

Is the noise acceptable if I just deprecate the functions?
It wasn't before, but it should be much less now.

Version 2 attached.
Deprecates only the init functions (which must always be used, therefore
the entire API is deprecated).

You should deprecate all the functions, not just the init ones, even if the rest depend on them. And add a "@deprecated use AVTXContext from libavutil/tx.h" line or similar in the doxy for at least the init or alloc functions to point library users to the replacement API.

Included FF_API defines, and bumped minor.