rcombs (12023-02-20):
> This already gave garbled output when multiple rects were present,
> so this is simply documenting an existing requirement.
> ---
>  libavcodec/assenc.c | 2 ++
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

NAK: the code has provisions for multiple rectangles, if you enforce a
single rectangle you need to remove the code that is now useless.

But I do not think pushing the issue onto the applications is a good way
to fix the problem. Or even pushing the issue onto the framework, since
the framework does not know the specifics. Better fix the code in ASS
that handles multiple rectangles than inventing yet another annoying
flag. A single frame can be encoded into multiple packets, so that
should not be hard.

  Nicolas George