Diederick C. Niehorster (12023-05-01):
> +1.

Thanks.

>     I assume a lot of the AVDocNode can be automatically populated from its
> corresponding option? We'd not want to maintain, e.g. option names and
> aliases in more than one place.

I cannot promise there will be no duplication at all, and AVOption is
very limited and needs to be replaced anyway.

But I can promise it will not have to be written as a C structure with
all its fields initialized.

I have not discussed it nor finalized any of the details, but I am
thinking the build system will parse either doxy-style comments in the C
source code or in a separate .md file with the same name to generate the
structures for the built-in documentation. If the system parses comments
in the C source, it can also parse the AVOption initializers, at least
in the simple cases.

  Nicolas George