Hi.

We currently have a build failure on Debian Testing (and certainly
Unstable):

        CC      libavformat/adtsenc.o
        src/libavcodec/x86/mathops.h: Assembler messages:
    ×19 src/libavcodec/x86/mathops.h:125: Error: operand type mismatch for `shr'
        make: *** [src/ffbuild/common.mak:81: libavformat/adtsenc.o] Error 1
        CC      libavformat/av1.o
        src/libavcodec/x86/mathops.h: Assembler messages:
    ×47 src/libavcodec/x86/mathops.h:125: Error: operand type mismatch for `shr'
        <snip 5000+ similar lines>

It can be worked around by commenting:

#define NEG_SSR32 NEG_SSR32
#define NEG_USR32 NEG_USR32

near the end of libavcodec/x86/mathops.h. According to comments on bug
trackers, it might be related to binutils 2.40.90 (versus 2.40 from
stable).

I do not know how to fix this kind of error, but I can help if a change
needs testing and somebody does not have a Debian Testing with enough
libraries installed.

  Nicolas George