On Thu, 20 Jul 2023, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:

---
libavformat/rtmpproto.c | 10 +++++++---

Hmm, I would have somewhat expected that rw_timeout should be honored here already...

Note that URLContext already has got a rw_timeout field and AVOption, so instead of adding a new option, it should be enough to just use the existing URLContext field.

But also, have a look at fab8156b2f30666adabe227b3d7712fd193873b1. When opening a chained URLContext, we pass in the parent one, and propagate any options from that URLContext into the child. So as long as the URLContext rw_timeout is set for the rtmp protocol, the nested tcp protocol also should be getting it already implicitly.

// Martin