Anton Khirnov (12023-09-26):
> It is not. From my perspective, the objections to SDR have been largely
> technical

We have not read the same discussion. The objections to SDR start and
end at “it does not belong in FFmpeg”, which is not a technical
objection but an aesthetic one.

Furthermore, the way these objections were stated made it quite obvious
the motivation behind them was that they wanted Michael to spend his
time on more useful tasks. More useful for them, implicitly. Again, that
is not technical, that is egoistical.

Last, there have been some suggestions or demands, technical indeed,
that looked like openings for compromise. But the same people who made
them made it clear in other parts of the discussion they had no
intention of meeting anybody on any kind of middle ground. Given the
disingenuousness of these demands, I think Michael is entitled to feel a
little paranoid.

--
  Nicolas George