Am 14.12.23 um 18:51 schrieb Anton Khirnov:
Quoting Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel (2023-12-14 11:34:11)
Am 14.12.23 um 06:23 schrieb Anton Khirnov:
Quoting Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel (2023-12-13 19:17:04)
Am 13.12.23 um 17:28 schrieb Anton Khirnov:
It is bad practice to design library features around the needs and
limitations of a single specific caller.

The callers here would be the CLI and this filter.

First, public APIs should be designed for general classes of use cases,
not specific callers.

Parsing a "...{var0}...{varN}..." string for its variables appears quite
generic to me.
IMO, especially for libavutil, you think a bit too ideological here.

You're not parsing generic variables though, but a predefined list of
highly specific ones.

A) How about putting it under avpriv_ then?

1) fftools are not allowed to use avpriv functions.
2) It does not solve any of the problems I pointed out.

B) Not filibustering

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/filibuster
2. (US politics) A tactic (such as giving long, often irrelevant
    speeches) employed to delay the proceedings of, or the making of a
    decision by, a legislative body,

Are you seriously calling my comments irrelevant stalling?

No, sorry, I just mean endless discussing of this disagreement.

Going to send a fixed format version.

-Thilo