Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2024-02-27 17:55:30)
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 08:20:30AM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> > Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2024-02-26 23:47:20)
> > >
> > > Look at the 3 patches i just posted.
> > > I suspect we can move alot closer to what you suggest without a vote but
> > > simply by consensus
> >
> > Your patches use a 'must' wording,
>
> Then please reply to them and explain your point, why the wording
> is bad, what alternative wording you suggest and why thats better.
> Its a patch, we discuss patches here on ffmpeg-devel

Hijacking other people's patches without their consent is what we do NOT
do though.

> > while multiple people would prefer a
> > 'should'.
> >

> > But even more importantly, you are leaving the disputed line as is, so
> > it's not solving the problem at all.
>
> The questions about
> 1. allowing votes under conflict of interrest
> 2. if votes must be in the best interrest of the project
> 3. if one can vote on their own disagreements
>
> are 3+ seperate things.
>
> You are trying to pack good changes with a change that allows one to
> vote on ones own disagreements.

And you are trying to pass your personal opinions on which changes are
good (and by implication which are not-good) as objective facts. I wish
you'd stop doing that. I presented an argument for why *in my opinion*
there is no problem with TC members voting on their own patches. You are
welcome to disagree, but that is exactly why I am proposing a vote.

--
Anton Khirnov