If I understand correctly, this is what ffmpeg already does in strict mode: `sps->num_reorder_frames` takes the maximum derived from the level and coded picture size. This fixes my sample and is more general than the PR's heuristic, but it has bigger tradeoffs: the worst-case value adds latency and memory usage to hold the N frames, and changes `has_b_frames` from the adaptively-found value to the level max, which breaks the expectations of some FATE tests. I set up the PR this way to keep the adaptive approach in normal mode while fixing the frame drop, but if there is consensus to just port the strict mode behavior to normal mode, I would be okay with that too. _______________________________________________ ffmpeg-devel mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
[FFmpeg-devel] Re: [PR] avcodec/h264: account for reference B-frames in reorder depth (PR #24614)
Nil Fons Miret via ffmpeg-devel Mon, 21 Sep 2026 12:33:13 -0700
- [FFmpeg-devel] [PR] avcodec/h264: account ... nilfm99 via ffmpeg-devel
- [FFmpeg-devel] Re: [PR] avcodec/h264:... Kieran Kunhya via ffmpeg-devel
- [FFmpeg-devel] Re: [PR] avcodec/h... Nil Fons Miret via ffmpeg-devel
