On 12/14/2015 08:06 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 12/14/2015 06:32 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 12/14/2015 03:40 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
Hi!

Attached patch based on 3ece3e4c by Martin Storsjö fixes ticket #5071
for me.
I can't see how duplicating the code from mov.c could be acceptable.

Please comment, Carl Eugen

If you look at the patch I've made, it's not DUPLICATING the code, it
BORROWS some of code for the loops, but they are modified as well, if
you look closely, and it uses the PRIVATE DATA instead of calling some
superfluous stsd atom parsing function that reads from the file. I hope
Michael Niedermayer understands this better than you do, at least.

Mats

And even if your patch will be the one to use (against all odds), it is
still lacking the code that puts the palette in extradata, a la
V_MS/VFW/FOURCC. Without it, MPlayer won't see the palette.

Mats

Let me elaborate on this: The palette side data packet will be added in matroska_deliver_packet() in matroskadec.c alright, but the problem is that MPlayer will add ANOTHER palette side data packet afterwards, based on what's in extradata. If we don't copy the palette to extradata, like it's done in V_MS/VFW/FOURCC, MPlayer will use the whole contents of the stsd atom as the palette, which of course won't work.

Mats

--
Mats Peterson
http://matsp888.no-ip.org/~mats/