On 12/27/2015 12:10 PM, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Mats Peterson
<matsp888-at-yahoo....@ffmpeg.org> wrote:

Since the ff_get_qtpalette() function has to parse the video sample
description in two different ways, i.e. 1) by using the in-memory
private data when called from matroskadec.c, and 2) by reading from the
file when called from mov.c, it has to use a separate variable for each
of these sources. It may seem slightly redundant, but it is
unfortunately necessary. I would prefer that nobody touches what I've
been doing, since it's working fine right now, and it's very easy to
break things if you try to "improve it". Believe me, I've been there.

Just to make it perfectly clear that there are no misunderstandings:
A shared utility function should offer one clear calling interface,
not two just because its convenient. Anything else is a maintenance
nightmare.

Patch not acceptable unless this is corrected.

- Hendrik

You're not the maintainer, once again.

Mats

--