On 01/12/2016 05:51 AM, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Mats Peterson
<matsp888-at-yahoo....@ffmpeg.org> wrote:
On 01/12/2016 03:32 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
Don't blame yourself; it is in fact a regression IMHO to change to
unsigned int, albeit a theoretical one. C only guarantees 16 bits for
int/unsigned int, you shift by 24 making it undefined behavior on 16
bit platforms. This is theoretical since POSIX guarantees 32 bits
here; FFmpeg does not support such 16 bit (likely embedded) platforms
anyway. But why change to something worse for no gain ;)?

Exactly, I actually thought of that myself. And I like the stdint variables because they eliminate guesswork. That has always been a problem with the "standard" types in C.

Mats