On 02/28/2016 11:31 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/28/2016 11:25 AM, Mats Peterson wrote:
On 02/28/2016 11:24 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
Why is the packet data in AVI packets sometimes zero bytes when using
stream copy, Michael? There certainly must be some reason for it?

AVI is fixed frame rate. If you have for example variable frame rate
input empty packets will be used to get the right timing.
I'm not sure that is truly the cause in your case, but it is at least
one possible reason.

Yeah, that sounds like a possible reason alright. It only happens for
AVI, not Quicktime, so...

Mats

Speaking of something else, with these patches it should be possible for
MPlayer to deliver the palette in a side data packet to the FFmpeg AVI
and QuickTime muxers. I suppose that's part of the reason why you want
palette side data handling to be implemented in the muxers, Reimar.

Mats

or MEncoder, rather.