On 02/28/2016 01:05 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 12:26:15PM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
Also it might be helpful for you to have a look at tests/fate/demux.mak
and tests/fate/video.mak and use copy-paste to write some basic tests
for all the things you implement, so it doesn't get broken the moment
you look the other way...

Yes, but I'm completely new at writing FATE tests, and it seems very complex
to me, so I'll take a rain check on that one. Hopefully Michael will be able
to add some good tests for the palette stuff, when he's got the time for it.

That's why I said copy-paste.
Either way there's little complex about it, they all just run a
ffmpeg command (same as you do when developing tests,
so you must know a few good ones) and then takes some form
of hash/checksum of the result and stores that as reference.
Sure some of the details are non-obvious (like where the
input test files are stored) but what is in the mak
files consists of some magic you generally don't need to
understand and a FFmpeg command-line.
With "make V=1 fate-testname" you see exactly what is being run.
I may be wrong, but I think waiting for Michael to have "time over"
so to say isn't a very successful strategy.