> On Mar 25, 2016, at 10:17, Stefano Sabatini <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can you describe an use case for this (and possibly add a short
> description in the log)?

This is mostly useful when writing segmented subtitles (e.g. WebVTT in HLS). If
there's a gap in the subtitles, you need empty segments between them.
I'll add an explanation in the commit message.

>> +        if (seg->times || (!seg->frames && !seg->use_clocktime) &&
>> seg->write_empty)
>> +            goto calc_times;
>
> what's the point of this goto?

This causes us to re-run the time check and segment-breaking code, so we can
advance by multiple segments while processing a single packet (all but the last
one being left empty).