On 06.04.2016 17:02, Clément Bœsch wrote:
On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 09:52:51AM -0500, Kyle Swanson wrote:
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Clément Bœsch <u...@pkh.me> wrote:
Mmh. That's nice and all but... why not use/adjust the native ebur128
filter we have instead of relying on an external library?

[...]

--
Clément B.

This could be an option for the future. We'll need to break all the
EBU R128 logic out into utility functions

why? what do you need exactly from the filter? The meta are exported in
each audio frame.

and update it to use the newest version BS.1770 so it can be used by
both filters. Using libebur128 is a
good option because it is widely used, actively developed, and updated
whenever the spec changes.

except it's an external dependency and we have code builtin available,
doing the same thing, and with no open issue (afaik).

From the top of my head libebur128 additionally supports sample-rates != 48kHz and allows true-peak measurement (oversampling with the help of libspeex-dsp). Don't know if these features are relevant for loudnorm, though.

Regards,
Tobias