On 11/09/16 20:37, Matthieu Beghin wrote:
I see various solutions:

  1- I could put in cache more than one second of audio and video and I should
be ok, but with 4k movies, keeping 30 frames could imply using a huge amount of
memory and I would like to avoid that.
  2- I could open the file twice, one for video and one for audio, but I would
use even more RAM and it would decrease performances because parsing the file
twice
  3- I could avoid decoding video frames if I’m missing audio data but that
would imply seeking back after to get a clean video frame (so decoding again
from previous keyframe), so I think that’s not a option at all.
  4- Any better option ?

Keep audio and video in separate files. YouTube seems to be doing this for their 4K videos.

If you cannot cache the video for long then cache the audio so it can cause less of a problem.

Divide and conquer...