On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

Hi folks,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 1:36 PM, James Almer <jamr...@gmail.com> wrote:

The vote will end 1 week from now, simple majority wins, and
it's open only to those in the voting committee[1].
Marton Balint, while not in the committee, should IMO also
have the chance to vote or at least comment since he's the
main ffplay maintainer.

I think I am in the committee, it got extended, and I got in, somebody surely can find the reference...

Marton, it sounds like your opinion is valued. Penny for your thoughts? :)

I'd rather drop SDL1, there are times when we bump the minimal version requirements of external libraries, this is not that different.

On the other hand, if others do the work of maintaining the old sdl1 version of ffplay and the devices, I don't really mind having them around for a few more months, but I don't think it is necessary.

I think we should wait until Lukasz does the port of the opengl device to SDL2, and do the switch after that.

ffmpeg-devel mailing list

Reply via email to