On 10/30/2016 8:23 PM, Lukasz Marek wrote:
> On 27.10.2016 20:26, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:03:07AM -0700, Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet wrote:
>> I agree with moving the apps to a seperate repo hosted within
>> the same infra and keeping ffserver.
>> I will help with ffserver as my time & todo list permits
>
> I don't follow ffmpeg list for long time, so please forgive me if I said
> something already discussed, but the news said it is removed because of
> cleanups. That is reasonable, but in such case moving it to separate repo is
> nonsense. Also I'm not sure ffmenc/dec removal is good decision at the
> moment. I don't want to suggest there is ohter app than ffserver that use it,
> but with these removed you can forget ffserver will exists in other repo,
> right?

ffmdec/enc will not be removed until the next major bump at the earliest
for backwards compat reasons. At worst, when AVStream->codec is removed.
And Reynaldo, who's moving ffserver to a separate repo, said he'll make
it work without them in the long run.

In any case, ffserver and ffm* will all be gone from the main tree sooner
or later.