Dne 30.12.2016 v 05:48 Ali KIZIL napsal(a):

Somebody changed AUD to active in NVENC by default, which is not very
clever, libx264 also has this future disabled, so we should stay in sync
with libx264 behavior.

Enabled AUD will work only without B-frames. There is BUG in Nvidia NVENC
when you use AUD for H264 with B-frames, it will return corrupted stream,
because NVIDIA is inserting AUD type 0 (I-frame) before B-frames instead of
AUD type 7 (any-frame).

H264 encoded with B-frames and AUD active will not play for example on
Panasonic TX-AS640E, other decoders just ignore wrong AUD type.

--
Miroslav Slugeň

AUD set to active by default was for LG and Sony like UHD TVs which could
not decode NVENC encoded HEVC MPEGTS properly.
If patch sets AUD active by default if there is no B-Frames (as so in NVENC
HEVC encoding), patch will be ok in common.

I know that it was for LG tvs (i hav seen original enabling patch), and what about to enable AUD only for HEVC which doesn't have any B-frames in NVENC?

Because I think that we should always stay in sync between h264_nvenc and libx264 parameters.

--
Miroslav Slugeň
+420 724 825 885