Hi all,

We're trying to make ffmpeg output a format tag of 'hvc1' for HEVC, since it
seems that only hvc1 works in iOS 11 beta.
We saw that '-tag:v hvc1' does the trick, but it only works in 'mov' format,
and not in 'mp4' format (we're using mp4
format for all our videos)
The reason is that ff_codec_movvideo_tags contains hvc1 while ff_mp4_obj_type
does not.
The question is - is this intentional? Would it make sense to submit a patch to
add hvc1 to mp4?

Also, something that I don't understand - ff_codec_movvideo_tags has 4cc values
for 'tag' while ff_mp4_obj_type
has small integers values, so unless I'm missing something, any attempt to
force a tag in mp4 format will fail.
Can anyone explain why is that?

Thank you!

Eran