On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM, wm4 <nfx...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:17:33 -0700
> "Louis O'Bryan" <louiso-at-google....@ffmpeg.org> wrote:
>
> > If I need to write a new atom under stsd for my stream in the mov muxer
> > <https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavformat/movenc.c>
> > (mov_write_stsd_tag),
> > is it appropriate to indicate that through the AVStream metadata rather
> > than the codec_tag?
>
> It seemed to have lots of unrelated changes, but maybe I'm missing
> something. If those codec tag refactors are needed, they should
> probably be split into a separate patch.
>
> But it looks like most of those changes were unintended (Moritz
> suspected that too). The tag addition itself is probably fine.
>
> Also, please don't top post on mailing lists.

That file had unrelated changes that shouldn't have been there, please
ignore them.
Now that there is no codec associated with the stream, there shouldn't be a
codec tag at all, I would assume. (Another issue I need to deal with is
that the MOV muxer also doesn't support streams without a codec, but that
is separate.)