On Fri, 20 Oct 2017, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

Hi!

I believe that the use-case is valid and there is definitely a bug
because no error is shown for too long filenames.
In addition, allocating 50k on the heap seems nicer than 4k on the stack.

50k is not much better than 4k. You should add an ff_get_line variant which dynamically allocates the needed buffer.

Also you should free buf somewhere eventually.

I thought filenames in libavformat are limited to 1K anyway because of the AVFormatContext->filename field. So if your patch really fixes the ticket, then how? :)

Thanks,
Marton