Hi,
This conversation is very entertaining but leads us nowhere.
May I suggest to go down to business of enabling HW encoders by default?
Yesterday Mark submitted the initial implementation and I really want
to thank him for his mentoring and participation - it was very useful.
The submission doesn't have AMD header so AMD encoder is off in any default
build.
I counted responses to my posts and found six people are for the default
enabling
of HW blocks one way or another: by including headers or pulling them out
automatically using git (I guess via submodules?).
Two people want to remove external headers and disable default HW acceleration.
Question is: how to move forward on practical terms? I really don’t know how
this team makes such decisions.
Or maybe it is impasse case and  all want to keep things the way they are today?
Thanks,
Mikhail