On 18/01/18 15:58, Nicolas George wrote:
> Mark Thompson (2018-01-18):
>> Changing it to ignore the signal (set it to SIG_IGN) instead sounds
>> like a safer option?
>
> Yes, I think it would be somewhat safer. And it can be done without
> modification to FFmpeg.

To clarify: I was definitely proposing that the change be made in the ffmpeg
program.  The appearance of SIGPIPE is a surprise to many people, and keeping
the default disposition here does cause ffmpeg to behave significantly
differently on Unix and Windows without any obvious reason why to those not
familiar with it.

> What is missing, though, is better control on error conditions: when
> muxing in one output fails, choosing the behaviour for other outputs
> (continue, abort, close cleanly).

Sure.  That can be independent of any change to signal behaviour, though.

- Mark