Hi Ray,

> On Jan 22, 2018, at 11:20 PM, Ray Tiley <rayti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm reading 334-1:2017 Sec 4
> "When the ANC packets defined in this standard are carried in a high
> definition signal, they shall be carried in the Y stream."
>
> I couldn't find anywhere in the document where it calls out standard
> definition

Right, so my understanding was that allowing the ability to use both luma and
chroma was a result of having less space in the VANC to hold data, compared to
HD resolutions where that is much less likely to be an issue.  That said, I’ve
never seen an implementation that actually puts it in the chroma.

> Conversation is here:
> https://video-dev.slack.com/archives/C0XKDDH5Y/p1516141555000074
> <https://video-dev.slack.com/archives/C0XKDDH5Y/p1516141555000074> with
> kier...@obe.tv <mailto:kier...@obe.tv> who I believe is in the ffmpeg-devel
> IRC.

Ah, ok.  That’s Kieran.  He’s really knowledgable in this area, although I
cannot see the conversation you’ve linked to as it seems that room is only
accessible by people with email accounts from certain domains.

Devin