2018.03.20. 22:41 keltezéssel, Nicolas George írta:
Bodecs Bela (2018-03-20):
start a. and in a separate terminal window start b.  After 10 seconds a.
terminates but b. remains running on infinite time.
Ok, got it.

                                                      But I expected b. to
terminate after 1 sec (1000000 microsec) when no data received because a.
terminated.
Your expectation is wrong: it should terminate immediately.

The correct fix is to return AVERROR_EOF, but only if the socket type is
SOCK_STREAM.

Regards,
thank you for your help! I have sent the new pacth in a different thread, not to confuse others by the new patch title

bb