On 06/04/2018 12:09 PM, Ronak wrote:
Hello,

How are you all?

We are looking to use the atempo filter for our audio files. However, the limit
between 0.5 - 2x is too restrictive for us. We would like to expand the limit
to 0.5x - 3x.

I tried changing the range in atempo.c and the rest of the tempo filter just
worked.

Going below 0.5 is likely not going to sound good. Going above 2.0 should be fine.  The reason for current [0.5, 2.0] range is mostly for symmetry. atempo=0.5 followed by atempo=2.0 should sound like original audio.  This should also point you to an alternative solution -- put 2 atempo filters one after another to achieve tempo greater than 2  (atempo=2.0,atempo=1.5), or like this:

ffmpeg -i /scratch/Music/02\ Feeling\ Good.mp3 -af 'atempo=sqrt(3.0),atempo=sqrt(3.0)' -y /tmp/tempo-3x.wav

  Pavel.