On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, Pedro Arthur wrote:

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 at 20:00, Sergey Lavrushkin <dual...@gmail.com> wrote:

This patch removes conversions, declared inside the sr filter, and uses
libswscale inside
the filter to perform them for only Y channel of input. The sr filter
still has uint
formats as input, as it does not use chroma channels in models and these
channels are
upscaled using libswscale, float formats for input would cause unnecessary
conversions
during scaling for these channels.

[...]

You are planning to remove *all* conversion still, right? Its still
unacceptable that there *are* conversions.

They are here because it is the most efficient way to do it. The
filter works only on luminance channel therefore we only apply
conversion to Y channel, and bicubic upscale to chrominance.
I can't see how one can achieve the same result, without doing useless
computations, if not in this way.

Is there a reason why only the luminance channel is scaled this way? Can't you also train scaling chroma planes the same way? This way you could really eliminate the internal calls to swscale. If the user prefers to scale only one channel, he can always split the planes and scale them separately (using different filters) and then merge them.

Thanks,
Marton