Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>I think future work should be done as FFV1v5 v6 v7 on
>CELLAR/IETF

That is how it should be, in my opinion.

>why you ask ?
>because that way
>its on its way to be a proper IETF standard from day 1
>there are already people who are interrested in this there,
>like myself and IIRC reto, and iam sure there are many more who
>would like to see more discussions about improving and
>extending the codecs in more fundamental ways.

Indeed, you remember correctly.

>also, you get more comments and testing on IETF/CELLAR
>and for work beyond ffv1v3/4 to be successfull a critical mass
>of people / time is needed. If everyone works seperate, which
>it seems a bit to me thats what is happening, it would be
>harder to move such an effort to completion

I plenty agree with you! The reason why I worked more alone is
the not welcoming environment. I am really too ill now and I do
not have anymore the energy for just ignoring the insults.

If you have any concrete idea how the environment could be made
more welcoming, I would be more than happy. (I am not thinking
about another code of conduct ;-) I would like to continue the
FFV1 journey with you and other interested people, because it
could be a fascinating one!

Best regards, Reto