Hello guys,

I had posted this earlier on the ffmpeg-user mailing list (and received no
response) and it'd seem that this is the right place for this, due to the
subject matter.

From the documentation available on FFmpeg's support for OpenMAX IL, the
only backend I can confirm to be officially supported (correct me if I'm
wrong) is the library provided for the Raspberry Pi, namely libbcm_host.so
and libopenmaxil.so, satisfied by the packages libraspberrypi0
libraspberrypi-dev libraspberrypi-doc libraspberrypi-bin on raspbian. See
line 140-145 in libavcodec/omx.c , doxygen entry
https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/3.1/omx_8c_source.html.

The named packages above are related to Broadcom's VideoCore SIPs on the
Raspberry hardware.

When it comes to encoders, there is h264_omx.

My questions are:

1. What platforms are supported by the current OMX implementation in
FFmpeg, Bellagio? Is Xilinx-based hardware supported?

2. Can another OpenMAX IL backend, such as the library offered by Xilinx,
see https://github.com/Xilinx/vcu-omx-il be added to FFmpeg in the same way
as Bellagio's? That way, hardware such as Xilinx's Zync MPSoCs can be
supported by encoders such as h264_omx above as an alternative to this
solution shown here: http://fftrac-bg.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7214

The h264_onx encoder also offers an option for selecting a library name and
prefix via the -omx_libname and -omx_libprefix arguments respectively,
though I'm yet to test this option.

Warm regards,

Dennis.