On Thu, 1 Nov 2018, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:

On 31/10/2018 21:41, Martin Storsjö wrote:
Even though we do allow reconfiguration, it doesn't look like we support
changing any parameters which would actually affect the delay, only RC
method and targets (CRF, bitrate, etc). So given that, the current patch
probably should be safe - what do you think? Or the current patch, with an
added margin of 16 on top just in case?

We allow reconfiguring to/from interlaced. I'm not sure if this can modify
delay?

Not really sure either... So perhaps it'd be safest with some bit of extra margin/overestimate of the delay here? It just costs a couple bytes in the mapping array anyway.

// Martin