On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 11:23 PM Moritz Barsnick <barsn...@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 22:25:29 +0800, Jun Zhao wrote:
> > This wrapper work with SVT-HEVC new_api branch, more information can get
> > from https://github.com/intel/SVT-HEVC/blob/new_api/ffmpeg_plugin/.
>
> Is this API stable? (I have heard voices that the external library
> wrapper shouldn't aim at a moving target.)
>
> If so, can the API/version be detected (e.g. vs. the one on master), or
> will the compile against a build from master just fail? (Or is this
> branch used only because ffmpeg_plugin exists only on this branch?)

Because new_api is a branch of a refactoring master branch, after all
of done, we will switch the new_api to master.
BTW: the API is stable.

> > For SVT-HEVC build, you can switch the branch to new_api, then run:
> > ./build.sh <release | debug> in the directory Build/linux.
> >
> > If you want to enable the pkg-config for SVT-HEVC library, the file
> > install_libsvt_hevc_plugin_ffmpeg.sh give a sample for this.
> > (https://github.com/intel/SVT-HEVC/blob/new_api/ffmpeg_plugin/\
> > install_libsvt_hevc_ffmpeg.sh).
>
> But your configure modifications don't use it. Will the pkgconfig file
> go upstream/master any time soon?
We will upstream pkg-config part patch and refine SVT-HEVC install
script to SVT-HEVC new_api branch as soon as possible, this is exactly
what we are doing now.