On 10-12-2018 07:41 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

It appears to me that NewTek abused our willingness to add an optional
external nonfree library, I don't see many better options. See Ticket
#7589 and a blog post by a NewTek engineer confirming the issue.

Patch untested.
After several people have objected claiming NewTek would fix this
situation, a week has passed: No visible reaction whatsoever, not
even requesting more time.

What are those suggesting who were against this patch?

Contact Newtek with your concerns and a deadline and what action you're considering beyond the deadline.

Gyan